Friday, January 16, 2015

OMG PANCAKES

I like to consider myself pretty creative and I also believe that necessity is the mother of invention. Today I woke up and had a hankering for pancakes. Not just run of the mill, use the pancake mix pancakes. I needed thick, fluffy, melt in your mouth pancakes. 

So I have lately been interested, like every other 20-something girl it seems, in making basic recipes more healthy. One of the ways to do this are make some substitutions, my favorite example is plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Yesterday was also leg day and so today I'm nursing my pain with protein so my first ingredient of amazing pancakes was greek yogurt. I also decided to add a scoop of vanilla protein powder for an extra kick. 

I next couldn't decide between what I wanted in the pancakes. I don't like plain pancakes, that's wrong. The competing flavor were between berries and chocolate, my two true loves. Instead of picking sides I just threw them all together and came up with a combination of blueberries, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. I went heavy on the berries and light on the chocolate and it was amazing. 

These pancakes were the most amazing thing I have experienced in all of 2015. The consistency was just what I wanted, even a little gooey which was fine with me. I'm not even good at cooking pancakes, some of them came out a little burnt but that didn't even matter the flavor was just incredible. 



Here's my recipe:

1 cup of pancake batter(box or your own      recipe)
1 cup of greek yogurt-can be any flavor I used black cherry 
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 egg
2/3 cup of water
As many blueberries as you want
Handful of white chocolate chips
Smaller handful of chocolate chips

Cook and enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment