Friday, January 2, 2015

Adieu to 2014

Phewwww I am glad 2014 is over. What a crazy and stressful year...there were many ups and downs and lots of lessons learned for sure. 

I brought in the New Year with some of my college friends, we call ourselves The Dumps, and we celebrated it in true Dump fashion: with lots of booze and a big party. I was drunk as a skunk on New Years Eve and dead as a door nail on New Years Day. That was a hangover I never want to live again. So my first lesson of 2015 will be to remember I'm not a sophomore in college that can handle a handle of vodka, I'm a classy lady with the tolerance of a toddler. Maybe this year I will learn some self control with alcohol...lolll we'll see. 


Ok so it's a new year...I don't want to be cliche with the whole new year new me thing but 2015 will bring a lot of changes and experiences my way so literally a new me. Now that I have finished my Masters the main task of 2015 will be putting my degree to use and finding a job I can enjoy. I'm searching all over country for a job in my field, except in New York because I am ready for a new state.  I literally don't know where I'll be in 3 months, it's making my life a little hard to plan! But hey I'm ready for it! 

In March I'll be going to Europe with my very best friend. I can't wait it's going to be a trip of a life time. One of the places we are going has a teach English as a Second Language program and I decided that if by the end of our trip I don't have a job and loved where we were I will pursue that path and live in Euorpe for a year. How cool would that be?!!! 

I finally decided a resolution for myself for this year. One of my downfalls is impatience for others and I get pretty grumpy and snappy. I don't like being that way so I'm going to work on my new mantra: kill 'em with kindness. I'm going to be fucking bubbly and happy no matter who bugs me. Putting smiles on bitches faces from 2015.

Here are a few of mah goals for 2015:
1. Smile more
2. Stop beating myself up
3. Do new things and be more adventurous 
4. Learn to love my life

Ok, the end! Best of luck on your own New Years resolutions and goals and may 2015 bring you lots of happiness and good fortune, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment