Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Friendless: a MeetUp Mishaps Chronicle (Intro)

Hello beautiful world I'm back!

After a long hiatus from blogging I am coming back to the game and do I have a fun post for y'all!
In October I relocated from the middle of nowhere, upstate New York to the warm and very populated city of Raleigh, NC. I moved to join my best friend and to try my luck on my ever unfortunate job search. After spending several months substitute teaching, working in a restaurant, and nannying I packed up my little car and drove 700 miles to a brand new shiny city.

It's now the New Year and I hoped to have had a) a job, b) lots of friends, c) a very cool apartment, and d) a soccer team to play on, by now.  However, so far my goals are only halfway reached: I have a very cool apartment, and play soccer every week. Which leaves me unemployed and friendless. So what better way to solve my friendless problem than to utilize the wonders of the app store on my smartphone. Thus I downloaded the app "MeetUp" to try and make some friends, do some fun stuff, and learn more about this new fun city! So I present to you the MeetUp Mishaps Chronicles because lets be real, this will not go smoothly *crying from laughing emoji*

So my dear readers here is what you can expect from this:

I will go to one or two MeetUps a week,

I will be open to suggestions of what kinds of MeetUps to go on and,

I'll keep it fun and entertaining for y'all (see I'm a Southern Belle now)

No comments:

Post a Comment