Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ugh consumerism

I saw this today as I was on Pinterest and it literally made me so angry. I'm not entirely sure why but I can tell you YOU DO NOT NEED DESIGNER SUNGLASSES, DESIGNER TRAVEL MUG,DESIGNER WALLET, and a DESIGNER LONG SKEEVED SHIRT to look like you're relaxed, chill, or the perfect woman (looks are deceiving). Like honestly what the actual fuck.  Who needs brand names to be comfy and casual. I'm actually embarrassed for the person who posted this. What kind of awful people are you trying to please with all of these brands? Oh my godddd-I can't. There are no words besides what is the world coming to? This is a sad day for the popular page on Pinterest. That whole outfit is about $500, have fun trying not to get the stains of life on your casual clothes, oh no don't drop your $20 travel mug!! Who has time for that? (Or money) 

Moral of this rant: spend your money with good company not on mundane objects that you absolutely do not need to spend more than $10 on....ugh consumerism 

(Note: author has and loves both sperrys and nike shorts like in the picture, they are wicked comfortable and are worn more than 3 times a week) 

1 comment: