Monday, March 3, 2014

Why am I doing this?

It's one of those "why am I even doing this" " this is not what I want to do with my life" days. I have literally no idea why I settled for this internship in an office, or why I'm even going to grad school...I want to literally save and love-and if they don't kill me, swim with-killer whales and other marine life. Like that's not even relevant to what I'm doing right now. Why am I here-wasting away, being yelled at for things I can't even control, and counting down the seconds til I get to leave, WHYYY...
Apparently this is a normal feeling and I'm not alone(give me a shout if ya feel me). Most 20-something's go through this feeling, right?-The guy in the cube next to me literally just said "what the fuck," perfect timing Patrick!- My heart feels heavy and I just want to cry, when will this all pay off? Will this even pay off? I just want to experience this:
Go here (Barcelona):
And relive this magic moment: 
Is that too much to ask? 
Most importantly how will being an archivist even get me to any of these? 
Why am I doing this? 

I guess the only thing I can do for now is read about access points in MARC cataloguing (if you don't know what that is don't worry about it, I don't either-yet) and drink my chocolate milk...meep 

1 comment:

  1. PREACH... I hate that heavy feeling in my chest, but think about it this way.. when you finish you'll be able to travel and go where you want. Everywhere on earth has history and records, they'll need amazing people like you :)

    And as for the job, whatever dude it's an internship and you get to peace out of there and not GAF in a few months with something awesome to put on your resume... but I agree about Barcelona... let's go!!

    ReplyDelete